Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Resolution #2 - Focus on work.

Success is in my own hands. This morning I decided to take the leap and do some 'above and beyond' event for work. I scheduled it as a breakfast so that it didn't interrupt my already busy schedule.

6:15AM -- Waking was hard-- real hard. It hurt. Bad. I couldn't tell you the last time I was up at 6 am... and if I had to guess, it was probably because I had yet to fall asleep. JK! But really...

7:00AM -- After pulling myself out of bed, showering, and getting dressed, I headed out to Taco C to pick up my catering order. Breakfast Tacos TC's way yall! Nough' said!




7:30AM -- I began the long trek to Katy! 

8:00AM -- I arrived to my breakfast, setup, and schmoozed. 

8:30AM -- I spoke to a classroom of 30+ students, answered questions, and got a bunch of great leads! 

9:15AM -- Headed into the office for a productive day at work. 

Ok... Ok... my morning play by play isn't exactly the point....

Today I woke up early and focused on my career. And it paid off. Today has been more productive than an average day ... before lunch! A little focus and dedication can go along way. 




Resolution #2 - Focus on work. 

I want work to be my top priority in 2014. 

Getting to the top in my career is not an ability issue, rather it's a willingness problem. I have not been WILLING to take it to the next level. Do I have the ability? Of course! I'm a boss. But ability only goes so far. 




A little focus can along away! 


"One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular" 
-- Tony Robbins 

Now back to work I go! 

xoxo, 





If you relate -- comment!

1 comment:

  1. http://goodmenproject.com/featured-content/addicts-are-super-human/

    ReplyDelete