Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

I gave up Alcohol for Lent

I've been scolded for saying it too much. I gave up alcohol for lent. I'm not sure if I'm proud that I gave up alcohol or if I'm just trying to prove to myself that I CAN give up alcohol ... but so far it's been good.

This isn't my first rodeo with giving up boo's recently -- January was dry and in reflection I was much more focused in January and saved a lot more money then in my DRUNKEN February.

In February I made up for lost time and boy was it fun (sarcasm) . From what I can remember...

...But now it's time to get back to the basics and figure out what the F i'm doing in my life... 

Figuring out what I want is the hard part. I want the American dream. I want the good job. Nice car. Kids. Boyfriend. Family. Good friends. But how do you achieve all these things? I can barely take care of myself. How do I take care of others? Nurture healthy relationships? Advance at work? Finish school? The list could go on forever... 

   

My boss always says "There can be no growth without discomfort" and I think he is right. We must move outside of our comfort zones to grow and move forward as people. Now is my time to shine. This blog is going to chronicle my no-bullshit (OK...maybe some bullshit) journey to a better, happier, more unique me. 

Enjoy! And don't judge me... too much!       
       

XOXO, 




1 comment:

  1. Try not to dwell on backsliding. Your relationship with alcohol will never be the same since you've chosen to examine it. Don't be afraid of yourself and your choices. They all make you into who you are. xo

    ReplyDelete